brandikosiner

Blkosiner's Book Blog

Review YA and Teen books with the occasional NA thrown in.

He Speaks to Me: Preparing to Hear From God
Connie Grigsby, Nancy Cobb
The Power of a Praying® Parent
Stormie Omartian

Angel Star

Angel Star - Jennifer Murgia This was an awesome read. Murgia has created a world that sucked me in and made me wish that I were a part. Teagan is a great protagonist, and I really connected with her. She has such a brave heart, and is self sacrificing, she makes me want to be more like her. Garreth is a wonderful literary crush- he is funny, eccentric, and focused only on her-- what more can you ask for? I did feel that their relationship developed rather quickly, but there is great reason for this given in the book, but no spoilers! There are also a few points where I was confused as to what was going on, and how it resolved, but that may be because I read at 2am on the way back from a trip. (My reason for not giving 5 stars). I may revise this when I have time and re-read the story. Teagan's mom was present and involved, which is a pleasant plus in the YA genre. This is a fresh take on angels, and I tore through this book and am eager for the next. I am really sad about some of the choices made and consequences of those choices but I can see how it happened, and why it needed to happen.