brandikosiner

Blkosiner's Book Blog

Review YA and Teen books with the occasional NA thrown in.

He Speaks to Me: Preparing to Hear From God
Connie Grigsby, Nancy Cobb
The Power of a Praying® Parent
Stormie Omartian

The Broken Lake

The Broken Lake - Shelena Shorts The romance in The Broken Lake really made me lose my breath. I am really jealous of Sophie and want to steal him away all for my own. Shelena has a wonderful thing going with this series, and has a talent at writing romantic scenes. The simplicity but beauty of their interactions are wonderful. Both Wes and Sophie have their own personalities and they are able to join together to make a strong and interesting couple. While there is not quite as much action, there is plenty of character building, romance developing, and sub-plots coming together. There is a new character introduced and we finally get to meet Kerry as well. I am a big fan of Sophie's friends. Dawn and Kerry are not perfect but they are well written and they are their own people. They have their purposes and I love to see their interactions. The Broken Lake left a smile on my face almost the whole time reading it, and a sense of longing, giddiness at a few hot scenes as well as a few sweet ones. I must say though this does end on a cliff hanger (again) and I am dying to get my hands on Iron Quill.