brandikosiner

Blkosiner's Book Blog

Review YA and Teen books with the occasional NA thrown in.

He Speaks to Me: Preparing to Hear From God
Connie Grigsby, Nancy Cobb
The Power of a Praying® Parent
Stormie Omartian

Fat Angie

Fat Angie - e.E. Charlton-Trujillo Fat Angie has a rough start, and I had some issues connecting with Angie, but I overall liked this one. It reminds me so much that kids are mean, and how much bullying can really effect us all. It also shows the importance of family, because Angie was heart broken about her sister, and held out hope far longer than anyone else that she would be found. It also speaks to the powerful emotions and their total impact on someone, because when she thought her sister's body had been found, she tried to kill herself too. The coach really supported Angie and that was a bright spot for me in the beginning, especially when I still hadn't gotten a hang of Angie's voice. KC was also mysterious and I liked how she saw within Angie and didn't let the outside effect things. I also appreciated the growth of Angie's character and how she ultimately learned to do what she loved and how she stood up for herself and learned about her as well as those around her. Bottom Line: This is a touching book, with a narrator who grows and learns a lot.