brandikosiner

Blkosiner's Book Blog

Review YA and Teen books with the occasional NA thrown in.

He Speaks to Me: Preparing to Hear From God
Politically Incorrect Wife with Study Guide
Connie Grigsby, Nancy Cobb
The Power of a Praying® Parent
Stormie Omartian
Ten Tiny Breaths - K.A. Tucker I loved Kacey, she is tough, guarded and she knows how to kick ass, literally. What's more she is hardcore protective over her sister Liviee, and that relationship was so tender, but had some funny banter, but always support and understanding for each other. The lengths that Kacey goes through to protect and provide for Liviee really showed me a lot. Kacey didn't want to let anyone in, but their neighbor Storm and her five year old daughter Mia still managed to worm their way into her heart, and the way their friendship played out was well written. I adore when an author manages to write female friendship that is authentic and isn't an afterthought. It was a central plot and I really appreciated that. They had a back and forth banter as well as some deep moments of sharing and understanding between adults, that I appreciated. And how dare I, I haven't even mentioned Trent yet. He is a mystery wrapped in an enigma, but I love the tender glimpses we get from him, when he interacts with Mia, or when he steps in as protector or comforter to Mia, Storm, Liviee or especially Kacey. There was some seriously hot romantic tension, but there is also a deeper level, and a respect that he has for her, and a genuine concern for the things she went through and wanting her to heal and get help. But then he would just out and disappear for a while, and I really wanted to know what his secrets are and what he's hiding/running from. That added some major suspense to the story because Kacey we find out sooner and in pieces what her demons are and the effects on her daily life, but Trent we really only know because of the secrecy, and of course because the synopsis told us. And then oh my god, at about 80% K.A. threw me for a loop. I mean, I totally was not expecting that. I had to turn off my kindle and come write this sentence to process. Wow. Yeah. Did not see that coming, and have no idea how this is going to go, and what I want to happen, or what should happen. Dang. I loved the ending, it was so perfect, and I can't wait for more from this world. Bottom Line: Emotional but steamy romance with a strong and feisty main character.