brandikosiner

Blkosiner's Book Blog

Review YA and Teen books with the occasional NA thrown in.

He Speaks to Me: Preparing to Hear From God
Politically Incorrect Wife with Study Guide
Connie Grigsby, Nancy Cobb
The Power of a Praying® Parent
Stormie Omartian
The Coincidence of Callie and Kayden (The Coincidence, #1) - Jessica Sorensen I enjoyed this one and devoured in less than 24 hours... I connected with Callie and Kayden, and their emotional turmoil was really well written and the emotions drew me into the story. It is told in dual narrative and it is clear cut who is talking and what is going on. The voices are done well, and both have a story to tell. Callie's friendship with Seth was another thing that I really liked about this story. He had a great personality and it felt like a bff or very good brother and sister relationship because he is protective, but he encourages her and understands her. So, here is where many will probably start to turn away, because he is gay. Yes, I know. Formulaic right? The two damaged people falling in love and helping each other heal, and oh by the way there is the gay best friend. I have read a lot from my commenters (yes I love you all) that they are tired of this type of story because it is predictable. But it was exactly what I needed, and wanted in a story right now, and that is what it comes down to. Great characters, good writing, and emotional response. There are a lot of secrets and a few twists that I didn't see coming. But it was good about giving details a little at a time to form the whole picture even though you get the general idea of what happened to Callie and Kayden right away. But there are intricacies that come out through the story, and they both grow page by page and that is great to watch. But that ending, it is the mother of all cliff hangers, and made me mad. I can't wait for the next one!Bottom Line: Emotional book where I connected with the main characters.