brandikosiner

Blkosiner's Book Blog

Review YA and Teen books with the occasional NA thrown in.

He Speaks to Me: Preparing to Hear From God
Politically Incorrect Wife with Study Guide
Connie Grigsby, Nancy Cobb
The Power of a Praying® Parent
Stormie Omartian
Mirage (Winterhaven, #2) - Kristi Cook I didn't really remember much from Haven except that I enjoyed Violet's character, I was in love with her boyfriend Aidan and the story swept me away. Getting back into the Winterhaven world was easy though. There was enough recap to catch me up but not take away from the story. It continues on as the new school year is starting, and keeps dealing with the issue of the cure, and other plotlines from Haven. There are some steamy moments with Aiden and Violet and I loved those. There was also reasonable doubt placed in Violet's head, and I like that she pushes for the truth despite the consequences, and that she loves and accepts even when she finds out the truth. There were some new characters and also some rocking returning secondary characters, and I also enjoyed getting to know them better in this one. There are hints at a love triangle/square thing, and a bit of flirting going on, but I am glad that it didn't go beyond those hints. But I am glad that it explored that line with boy and girl friendships and how those work, and can be confusing and cause serious jealousy. I really enjoyed this sequel and flew through it. Bottom Line: Great sequel. Loved being in Violet's head again, and swooning over Aiden.