brandikosiner

Blkosiner's Book Blog

Review YA and Teen books with the occasional NA thrown in.

He Speaks to Me: Preparing to Hear From God
Politically Incorrect Wife with Study Guide
Connie Grigsby, Nancy Cobb
The Power of a Praying® Parent
Stormie Omartian
The Eternity Cure - Julie Kagawa Why Can't I Pick 3.5 stars on goodreads, lol! It took me a bit to really get into this book, but once I did, I enjoyed it a lot. I couldn't remember a lot from the first besides I loved the world, Allie was a kick butt heroine that I really admired because she fought to keep her humanity and I swooned over Zeke and the forbidden love between the two. Luckily for me, all of these things are present in the 2nd book, but it isn't until about 1/3-1/2 way through that I really felt these things again. There is plenty of action, some new characters as well as appearances from the first book. There are unlikely alliances, high stakes, and hard obstacles that Allie has to face in order to find her mentor and sire and try to figure out a way to cure the red lung that now can effect vampires. There was a lot of action in this one, but I just felt like something was missing. And I think it was real and true development on Allie's part. We see her back and forth over decisions about Zeke, and I understand. This part I love because she doesn't want to hurt him and knows full well how easy it is to lose control. But in regards to another character who shows up. I just feel like there was jumping around in plot timing and it would have done well to at least develop some of the time in between. To go from hating to trusting to wondering if he really will stab you in the back, we have to see proof of that. And while I enjoyed their banter and thought it hinted at the realistic relationship the characters have, I think that much more could have been shown about both Allie's character and giving her room to grow and to get to know the other character. More about their motives, and the whys and whats. And oh the ending, it had been wanting to cry, throw things, and beg Julie for the next book--now. Or tomorrow. But def not having to wait another year which is what I am guessing will really happen. I mean, I suppose the main plot of this book was tied up, but man, I just shouldn't have read the last chapter or something because it left me hanging. But it also gave me hope. Because without that last chapter I think I would have been as desperate and heart broken as Allie. But I suppose it is sometimes the advantage of being a reader, that you know something that the main character doesn't and it helps you hold on. Bottom Line: Good 2nd book but didn't blow me away like the first. Bit of sophomore slump?