brandikosiner

Blkosiner's Book Blog

Review YA and Teen books with the occasional NA thrown in.

He Speaks to Me: Preparing to Hear From God
Politically Incorrect Wife with Study Guide
Connie Grigsby, Nancy Cobb
The Power of a Praying® Parent
Stormie Omartian
Between the Sea and Sky - Jaclyn Dolamore Ms. Dolamore writes a captivating novel, with characters that match the stunning cover. I enjoyed this book and the world she created. I've read about mermaids and sirens before, but I think that she had a unique take on them. I was intrigued by the Fandarsee, the winged people in the novel, since I've never read about anything quite like them. The focus of the story is our main character Esmerine trying to find her sister Dosinia, and I love how it shows love and devotion to family. Many stories have gravitated toward the romantic tendencies, and I enjoy more and more the familial connections when I see them like they're featured in this book. Not to discount the love story that exists within Between the Sea and Sky, because it is sweet, and I had fun seeing how it unfolded. Alandare is quite an intriguing character, and I enjoyed learning more about him and what makes him tick. It was hard until near the end to really get a good handle on him, and that's a good thing, he kept me in mystery and suspense. I loved being in Esmerine's head and could really understand her struggles and where she was coming from. Her pain, her joy and her emotions were clear and it was easy to get in her head. I wasn't sure exactly what she would choose at each turn, and Ms. Dolamore made her conflict real and challenging--she didn't get anything without a price. I hope there's more to this world, and I'd love to get my hands on it.