brandikosiner

Blkosiner's Book Blog

Review YA and Teen books with the occasional NA thrown in.

He Speaks to Me: Preparing to Hear From God
Politically Incorrect Wife with Study Guide
Connie Grigsby, Nancy Cobb
The Power of a Praying® Parent
Stormie Omartian
Red Heart Tattoo - Lurlene McDaniel Red Heart Tattoo is a new addition to Lurlene McDaniel's masterpieces. I've always loved her writing style, and the way that she has an eye for grief and hard issues. She addresses them head-on and with characters that I can't help but care about. This book is no different. At first it is a bit confusing because there are several rotating point of views, but I quickly got a handle on the personality and voices, and found myself caring, despising, cringing, and rooting for the different characters. It may seem that it's hard to encapsule a voice and several lives in so few pages, but I think she did a superb job. Morgan is probably my favorite character, and the one that I connected with the most. It surprised me a bit because I have never been that popular, but she had a personality that I couldn't help but like. Roth was also a very developed character, and more like someone that I would have been found hanging out with in school. I liked the different layers that were peeled back and how I got to know and care for his character. The pace never lets up and Red Heart Tattoo kept me flipping until I reached the satisfying conclusion.