brandikosiner

Blkosiner's Book Blog

Review YA and Teen books with the occasional NA thrown in.

He Speaks to Me: Preparing to Hear From God
Politically Incorrect Wife with Study Guide
Connie Grigsby, Nancy Cobb
The Power of a Praying® Parent
Stormie Omartian
The Iron Quill  - Shelena Shorts The Pace Series is one that since I discovered it, the next installment is always on my anxiously waiting for list. The Iron Quill, like it's predecessors did not disappoint. The characters, the writing, and the pacing are right in line with what I expected, and the ending left me with that longing and expectation for the next chapter in their story. There was no time wasted getting right into the plot and it was like I didn't miss a beat. It was like picking up with old friends, a comfort level, and a sense of completeness. That isn't to say that it started with Sophie and Wes in an easy place--that seems next to impossible with their situation, and their history, but I was glad to be back in their lives nonetheless. There are old characters that we're used to, and a new and intriguing character that we get inside his head. He's a great addition, and I love how he's introduced and then how he impacts the story. Ms. Shorts gives the right information at the right time, and kept me breathless on the edge of my seat waiting to see how things would turn out. She writes with an obvious passion, and I really appreciate how she can flesh out what the characters are feeling and thinking, putting me right into their shoes. She isn't afraid to blow up the character's worlds though, and no matter how hard it is to read, this really is a feat of a writer. Especially when I see no way to really reconcile it all, but have faith that somehow she will get them to the end! This is a wonderful series, a great installment, and I can't wait until more from Sophie and Wes.