brandikosiner

Blkosiner's Book Blog

Review YA and Teen books with the occasional NA thrown in.

He Speaks to Me: Preparing to Hear From God
Politically Incorrect Wife with Study Guide
Connie Grigsby, Nancy Cobb
The Power of a Praying® Parent
Stormie Omartian
Gone, Gone, Gone - Hannah Moskowitz At first I thought that there was something wrong with Craig, besides his depression/obsession with animals. Something about his voice, it didn't sound like an authentic teen, but as the book went on, I either got used to it, or it fit the character more than I am giving it credit for. While there are some differences in the voice of Craig and Lio, I got confused at whose perspective it was from. I know that each had unique problems and quirks, so I had to look for those cues rather than the voice style. I appreciated that these books talked a lot about the Twin Towers and the Pentagon, as well as an event I really didn't know about--the sniper shootings. This is an event that effects us all, but I really haven't read much that takes a perspective of someone who lost a loved one in 9/11. I also liked the theme of every life lost deserves to be honored, and the struggle of is one loss worth less than the loss of many? She did the love stories in this one really well. I didn't feel like it was shoved in my face that this is a gay couple, it just seemed natural. I enjoyed Hannah's other books more than this one, but I liked this one nevertheless.