brandikosiner

Blkosiner's Book Blog

Review YA and Teen books with the occasional NA thrown in.

He Speaks to Me: Preparing to Hear From God
Politically Incorrect Wife with Study Guide
Connie Grigsby, Nancy Cobb
The Power of a Praying® Parent
Stormie Omartian
Pure - Jennifer L. Armentrout I love Jennifer's writing so much. She has an awesome style that pulls me right into the story, and makes me connect with her characters. Jennifer Armentrout is an awesome writer, and she is on my top ten favorite authors. You know, the ones that you'd read over and over even if they wrote the back of a cereal box! Yep. She's there. Why? Because she writes these characters that I wish were real and in my life, she weaves kick butt humor and sarcasm into the story, she has great ideas and she constantly surprises me. In Pure, the action never stops, and Alex does more awesome things... including sweet fighting moves and throwing more stuff. One of my favorite things about this book is getting to know Seth more. I'm such a sucker for the bad boy especially when we see that underneath it all, there is a soft heart. I think that I am Team Aiden for Alex and Team Seth for me. If somehow I could have that connection of course. I connected even more with Alex during this book--how could I resist with how powerful her emotions are and how great Jennifer is at writing them and making them feel so real. (There were moments where I busted out laughing--lots of these actually--others where I was growling in frustration, others where I wanted to just melt, and then the next second throw the book.) I love how she doesn't do anything half-way and how she stands up for herself. She doesn't just accept things at face value, and has qualities that I wish I had a bit more of. Okay, okay, a lot more of. There are plenty of hot moments, and I wish that I could talk about them without spoiling them. But, have no fear they are there. Though it can change so fast, because one scene I seriously thought about ripping out the page. But I wouldn't do that because I love the book so much. A wonderful example that I jotted down of why I love Jennifer's humor and writing: The are you Team Edward? No, I'm more Team James or Team Tyler's van, but by the looks of it, they don't win because she's still alive. I mean, I love Twilight don't get me wrong, but I'm one of the fans that can laugh at it too, at an awesome comment like that. Especially since my husband has said something similar, if less eloquently, I know what teams I mentioned earlier, but I have to say that Jennifer has the mark of brilliance that I can't definitively choose. Because I can see the appeal of both, and I've read what Alex feels about both Aiden and Seth. I just really hope that Alex makes a choice, and that Seth doesn't end up as a pitiful 2nd choice. But then I laugh at thinking that because I also know the type of character that Jennifer has written Seth as and I know that it won't come to that. Just holy cow at the chemistry. But, even if she probably won't end up with Seth, and I get that deep feeling that she won't, I know and understand that the series wouldn't be complete without fully exploring the relationship between the two Apollyons. In summary, in case you can't tell, I loved this book in all it's awesomeness. I recommend getting your hands on it as soon as possible, and I really can't believe I waited so long to read it, and I can't wait for the next one.Review from Blkosiner's Book blog, read more of my reviews here:http://blkosiner.blogspot.com/