brandikosiner

Blkosiner's Book Blog

Review YA and Teen books with the occasional NA thrown in.

He Speaks to Me: Preparing to Hear From God
Politically Incorrect Wife with Study Guide
Connie Grigsby, Nancy Cobb
The Power of a Praying® Parent
Stormie Omartian
Crossed - Ally Condie Crossed was more action packed than Matched, although it started out a bit slow to me. I think this is mostly because it's been such seemingly long time since I've read Matched. I should've re-read or at least looked up some spoilers. But even with that, I remembered the characters and the main gist of the story. Once I was back into Cassia's head, and the flow of the story, I didn't want to put it down. I just had to know what would happen next, and what trials she'd face next. Another thing that I liked about Crossed is that we get more into the head of Ky. He is still a pretty big mystery to me, because even though we were in his thoughts, they still seemed veiled or guarded. I did learn a lot more about him though, and I think that it helped the pacing to have him in the story. Quite a few things surprised me in the story... how much I was able to care about some of the secondary characters that were new to the story for one. Xander also surprised me... I can't really say why, but he did something in the story and then something about his character from previous book that I didn't know and never would've guessed. This is a great second book, and I can't wait for the conclusion!