brandikosiner

Blkosiner's Book Blog

Review YA and Teen books with the occasional NA thrown in.

He Speaks to Me: Preparing to Hear From God
Politically Incorrect Wife with Study Guide
Connie Grigsby, Nancy Cobb
The Power of a Praying® Parent
Stormie Omartian
Clockwork Prince - Cassandra Clare I was really excited to get my "invitation" for the masquerade, letting me know that I would be getting an ARC of CP, and it showed up the very next day, with another surprise--a t-shirt. They are both awesome, but didn't hold a light to how it was actually reading the book. Clockwork Prince starts where CA left off, and I was not at all disappointed. The plot was awesome-it always had me guessing what would happen next and kept me on the edge of my seat. The way that some things turned out were not at all what I expected-could never have imagined is more like it-I was shocked and pleasantly surprised by some of the developments. Jem really gets his chance to shine in this novel, and I'm really happy for him, even though everything is still overshadowed by his illness. Jem is my favorite for me, but for now, I still have to with-hold judgement on who I think is best for Tessa. Will is really complicated, and we find out some of the reasons for his defenses and it breaks my heart. It feels like one thing gets figured out for him, and then something else stands in his way. But I love getting the glimpses into his heart when we see him interact with Jem--and we get a few of those in CP, and I love every moment of it. There is some steamy in this book never fear, but that's all I'll say to avoid spoilers. I SO can't wait until the next book!