brandikosiner

Blkosiner's Book Blog

Review YA and Teen books with the occasional NA thrown in.

He Speaks to Me: Preparing to Hear From God
Politically Incorrect Wife with Study Guide
Connie Grigsby, Nancy Cobb
The Power of a Praying® Parent
Stormie Omartian
The Hollow (Hollow Trilogy) - Jessica Verday I really enjoyed the setting for The Hollow, and I think it is a very unique taking an existing story like Sleepy Hollow and throwing those elements in the story. Verday seems very knowledgeable on her subject and the vivid descriptions are awesome. I enjoy Abbey's character, how she is quirky and has an authentic voice. Her emotions are understandably all over the place, and I feel right with her. I also appreciate that she has a different interest- the perfumes. It is something I haven't seen explored, and I am glad to see a character with a clear idea of her future and her plans. I tore through this book and was left with some questions, and I was very glad that I had the next one and could start it right away. I like how the memories of Kristen slowly pieces together who she was, and I really feel for her. The friendship between Abbey and Kristen makes me smile. Caspian is very mysterious and I really am drawn to his character. I wanted to know what was going on and why he did the things he did. I also like Ben- he is funny and easygoing. I would love to be his girlfriend, so I am torn between his team and Caspian's.