brandikosiner

Blkosiner's Book Blog

Review YA and Teen books with the occasional NA thrown in.

He Speaks to Me: Preparing to Hear From God
Politically Incorrect Wife with Study Guide
Connie Grigsby, Nancy Cobb
The Power of a Praying® Parent
Stormie Omartian
Logic of Demons: The Quest for Nadine's Soul - H.A. Goodman This is such an emotional beginning, and it sets up the story well. I feel for the characters almost right away. I am able to relate with Devin because I understand his motivations. He has good intentions even though they aren't carried out correctly. Nadine, a central character to the book, is introduced in a unique way. Her artwork helps her to express emotions, and I can relate with her sense of longing for more, and her discontent with status quo. Later characters introduces, Natalia and Jamshidt play a central role in challenging belief systems and making sure that you are really seeing what is in front of you.There are a lot of plot twists I never saw coming, and I was constantly engaged. This is a very unique storyline and Goodman has a story to tell. Logic of Demons explores the blurry lines between right and wrong, just and unjust. It also shows what great lengths people go to for the people they love. It also explores how words can be twisted, dressed up to make them look like something else. LoD addresses eating disorders, self esteem, revenge, "frenemies", motivations and manipulations.My favorite quote:"...A stunning knight on horseback, whose bow and arrows served to save young souls from the danger of peer pressure..."