brandikosiner

Blkosiner's Book Blog

Review YA and Teen books with the occasional NA thrown in.

He Speaks to Me: Preparing to Hear From God
Politically Incorrect Wife with Study Guide
Connie Grigsby, Nancy Cobb
The Power of a Praying® Parent
Stormie Omartian
The Pace - Shelena Shorts The Pace is a tale of love, mystery and the impossible becoming possible. It is well paced with developed, likable characters. Sophie is a fairly level headed, smart character. I love that her mother is involved in her life, and that she takes direction and advice from her. She is wise with her trust, but once placed she is a loyal character. Though emotional, she does look at things objectively instead of blindly accepting or ignoring. Wes is a mysterious, charming, but ultimately vulnerable guy, with awesome cars and lots of money. He is generous though, and kind. Their relationship begins as friends and progresses, which I like. Though Sophie had feelings at once, she did take things slow; and it was more attraction and wonder at the mystery that drew her in and then she fell more when she actually got to know him. Shelena's take on immortality is a very unique one and it had me wondering what was going on with him until the mystery unfolded bit by bit. I also enjoyed the theme of undying love and where it goes with that (you will understand when you read, and I don't want to spoil anything). I cannot wait to get the next book because I am not quite satisfied with the ending, but at least I do know that questions will be answered and plot resolved very soon. The Pace was an enjoyable read and I read through it quickly. I would recommend giving it a go!