brandikosiner

Blkosiner's Book Blog

Review YA and Teen books with the occasional NA thrown in.

He Speaks to Me: Preparing to Hear From God
Politically Incorrect Wife with Study Guide
Connie Grigsby, Nancy Cobb
The Power of a Praying® Parent
Stormie Omartian
One Wish - Leigh Brescia One Wish is a realistic novel that deals with important issues. I am always drawn to "issue" books and especially dealing with eating disorders as I have some personal experience. Wrenn, the main character, is realistic, and I can relate with her struggles and self esteem issues. She has a wonderful best friend Zoe, who I would love to have for a friend. Her interactions with her family are well written too, and they are pretty spot on. Her mom isn't conveniently absent, and although she notices and tries to address the weight loss, these things can really fall under the radar much easier than people like to think. My absolute favorite character is Steven. I absolutely love nerds in real life, and this fictional character made me remember that not all men have to be dark mysterious and drop dead handsome. The cute and nerdy ones have a lot of heart and character. I liked this book and would still recommend to pick it up. It deals realistically with body image, eating disorders, popularity and healing.