brandikosiner

Blkosiner's Book Blog

Review YA and Teen books with the occasional NA thrown in.

He Speaks to Me: Preparing to Hear From God
Politically Incorrect Wife with Study Guide
Connie Grigsby, Nancy Cobb
The Power of a Praying® Parent
Stormie Omartian
Human Blend - Lori Pescatore I am drawn into Human Blend right away with the mystery of why Lanie (going by Julie) had to create a new identity and hide. We quickly find out her abilities- with numbers and to heal, and I am even more entranced. The romantic interest, Austin, is introduced early, and it is really fun to watch them dating and falling for each other. He does sweet romantic gestures and I can tell Julie cares about him because she worries about his safety. I really like Doctor Elsworth- he reminds me of Carlisle. He is very protective, introspective and wants to take care of and heal people. But the semi-love-triangle seemed excessive to me. I really like Austin and wish that Eli would have just been protector and not another love interest. This should be for mature teens and those who can handle some dark themes. I was in suspense with every person she came in contact with, being suspicious of them right along with her. Pescatore has a winner with Human Blend, and she has a unique twist to the paranormal genre.