brandikosiner

Blkosiner's Book Blog

Review YA and Teen books with the occasional NA thrown in.

He Speaks to Me: Preparing to Hear From God
Politically Incorrect Wife with Study Guide
Connie Grigsby, Nancy Cobb
The Power of a Praying® Parent
Stormie Omartian
Born at Midnight - C.C. Hunter Born at Midnight is an addicting read- I did not want to put it down. It pulls me in right at the beginning with a heartbreaking scene, intrigue and a bit of humor about bbqing shorts =) Kylie is a great main character. She has qualities that I admire- courage, loyalty. On the other hand, I was able to connect with her, being a bit of a loner, but letting in a select few. I was on edge the whole book, wanting to find the answers to Kylie's questions almost as quickly as she did. I felt emotions with her, about her family troubles, her worry and loyalty to her friends, crushing and fighting the attraction to the hot guys, mystery surrounding the guys in the black suits, and suspicion of what she really is. I love coming of age, and self-discovery books, and this one fits the bill. I love that the paranormal aspect throws a wrench into it, making already difficult journey even more challenging. At first it did seem like there were too many characters and names for me to keep up with, but I quickly learned more about them, and each plays their own role. I love it when a book has a secondary cast that is interesting, has their own personalities and actually work to further the plot. The romance is really well written, my heart was pounding right with her, and I wasn't sure the right choice, it was so well written. The guys were really balanced- not perfect, but close :) And while they were hot, they had deeper qualities as well, respect, protectiveness, and a good heart. This book ended well, it wrapped up without too much of a cliffie, but def enough that I want my hands on the next one NOW. Too bad I have to wait until October.