brandikosiner

Blkosiner's Book Blog

Review YA and Teen books with the occasional NA thrown in.

He Speaks to Me: Preparing to Hear From God
Politically Incorrect Wife with Study Guide
Connie Grigsby, Nancy Cobb
The Power of a Praying® Parent
Stormie Omartian
The Iron King - Julie Kagawa Okay, so ask me a few months ago if I read faery stories then I would have answered with a resounding no, but thanks to Tyger Tyger by Hamilton and The Iron King, I am accepting now. Kagawa creates a beautiful world, and her descriptions are detailed without bogging down the story. She has transformed characters that come from Shakespeare and made me relate to them and care about what they are going through. Grim is an amazing addition- he is the awesome sidekick in my opinion. And before I picked up this book, I heard so much about Team Ash and Team Puck, and I don't see how there can be any question-- Puck is too much like a brother to me. I really like Ash, but I am a sucker for the dark, handsome and mysterious I guess. The only reason I took away a star though, is I feel like there isn't much transitioning from Meghan disliking Ash to falling in love with him, which I guess can be said for other YA novels, but I would have liked to see a little more. Given, I did like the cuddling and the peek at the vulnerability in Ash.Oh, and the cover!!!! I have been drawn to it since I started seeing it on blogs, but put it down due to the fey contents, but am I glad that I decided to give it a chance.