brandikosiner

Blkosiner's Book Blog

Review YA and Teen books with the occasional NA thrown in.

He Speaks to Me: Preparing to Hear From God
Politically Incorrect Wife with Study Guide
Connie Grigsby, Nancy Cobb
The Power of a Praying® Parent
Stormie Omartian
Delirium  - Lauren Oliver A world without love. Where there is a cure when you turn 18 and before then strict rules and regulations to keep boys and girls apart. Delirium takes us into that world. The main character, Lena, is intriguing, giving us her thoughts in a fresh and genuine voice. She is easy to relate to- just rebellious enough, just cautious enough. Until she falls in love. Alex is shrouded in mystery from the moment he appears in the story, and it is fascinating to learn more about him. And oh, their first kiss. It is written beautifully, and leaves me longing to have that for myself. Lena's journey shows clearly our longing for love, to be in love, is powerful. Even when she thinks being in love will kill her, she doesn't care. Sigh. Delirium also shows the intensity of grief. As Lena remembers her Mom, it almost breaks my heart. Not only her grief, but what her mother felt. While the story is not incomplete per say, I just want so much more! The place it ended left me itching for the story to continue even though there is closure of the main plot lines. I was intrigued the whole way through, Delirium is well paced and it is a well thought out novel. I have recently started liking the dystopians, and Oliver has written a unique and compelling universe.