brandikosiner

Blkosiner's Book Blog

Review YA and Teen books with the occasional NA thrown in.

He Speaks to Me: Preparing to Hear From God
Politically Incorrect Wife with Study Guide
Connie Grigsby, Nancy Cobb
The Power of a Praying® Parent
Stormie Omartian
Merger - Jacquelyn Wheeler Merger is an enjoyable second book in the series. The Soterians are great to read about and it is such a unique concept how their powers are distributed and how they work. Ashlyn is once again a great main character with a voice that is fun to read, and it is ever so easy to get caught up in her world. She is easy to relate to because she is not perfect, but she is working through her problems. She deals with jealousy and assuming the worst in a situation and I can totally understand how that feels and how easy it is to fall into. There is still action, but not quite as much in this book. It is really interesting to see how they tackle corruption from politicians and corporations and the widespread effects. While there was less action, there was a lot of character building. I got to know and love the secondary characters. Jesse was my favorite, as they spend more time together. He is funny and a very real character. Merger is well paced, and I was never bored, and I am craving for the next book! The Soterians is a great series, and it is a wonderful world to get lost in.