brandikosiner

Blkosiner's Book Blog

Review YA and Teen books with the occasional NA thrown in.

He Speaks to Me: Preparing to Hear From God
Politically Incorrect Wife with Study Guide
Connie Grigsby, Nancy Cobb
The Power of a Praying® Parent
Stormie Omartian
The Iron Queen - Julie Kagawa Julie does it again! The Iron Queen is amazing- even better than the first two in my opinion. There is action, suspense, and breath taking romance. The characters grow and come to life again in this third book in the series. Words really aren't adequate for how much I enjoyed this book. I devoured it in the car on the way to NJ, and didn't stop pretty much the whole time, until I reached the last page. Meghan is amazing in this book. She has such a fierce heart, loyal and protective to her family and to those that she loves. We see her internal struggles, and they are all believable, and I sympathize and understand where she is coming from. She never refuses to give up and it is really inspiring. She also learns to fight and defend herself physically in this book and I am really grateful to see that. This amazing side of Ash comes out in this book, and some of his lines really made my heart race and I had a case of jealousy, I must admit. This romantic and loyal side of him has been hinted at in previous books, but I really got a glimpse of his heart in this book, and I loved what I saw. My only complaint is that I feel it ended too soon! I think that Julie did a great job of wrapping up the pieces, and that the ending is very fitting for the book and the series themes. I just wanted MORE!! I cannot wait to get my hands on The Iron Knight and see things through Ash's perspective and more importantly what happens next. This is truly a captivating book, and I recommend to read it as soon as you can!