brandikosiner

Blkosiner's Book Blog

Review YA and Teen books with the occasional NA thrown in.

He Speaks to Me: Preparing to Hear From God
Politically Incorrect Wife with Study Guide
Connie Grigsby, Nancy Cobb
The Power of a Praying® Parent
Stormie Omartian
Hope in Patience - Beth Fehlbaum Hope in Patience is a very powerful and emotional story of surviving molestation and abuse. I devoured it and even though it was not an easy read (meaning it deals with sensitive issues) it is one that I would recommend. The main character Ashley is portrayed in a very believable light. I appreciate how Beth (the author) did not make her problems magically disappear, but really showed her process to accepting what happened to her, learning how to deal with it and the resulting emotions, and how to heal. This in reality is a very hard road, and the book depicted that. This book addresses fear- of the known and unknown, learning how to accept differences, and how to respond to them and to the fear that drives us. There are characters from all walks of life- religious, abused, homosexual, and prejudiced, and they all play roles no matter big or small in Ashley's recovery. Hope in Patience is a telling of Ashley's coming of age, so to speak, coming to terms with herself, learning to stand up for herself, to love herself, and to become her own person.