brandikosiner

Blkosiner's Book Blog

Review YA and Teen books with the occasional NA thrown in.

He Speaks to Me: Preparing to Hear From God
Politically Incorrect Wife with Study Guide
Connie Grigsby, Nancy Cobb
The Power of a Praying® Parent
Stormie Omartian
Saved by the Music - Selene Castrovilla Saved by the Music is a heart breaking tale of love, pain, fears, loss and redemption. The main character Willow had a rough childhood and also is put through a tragic event in this book. She is strong though, and she learns to trust. Though Axel is broken as well, they find a way to fall in love and to heal one another. They are there for the other and are capable of great love, and understand. I love seeing him strong for her, and being her champion. Aunt Aggie is an amazing character. She is a gem in the young adult world where quality adults are far and few between. She is a solid foundation for Willow, and I really appreciated how she was able to really listen and be there for her, once she learned how to relate to her. Castrovilla beautifully wrought this tale, dealing with extremely sensitive subjects well (though not graphic I would only recommend for mature teens who can process tough issues). Her novel is paced well, and it kept me captivated the whole way through.