brandikosiner

Blkosiner's Book Blog

Review YA and Teen books with the occasional NA thrown in.

He Speaks to Me: Preparing to Hear From God
Politically Incorrect Wife with Study Guide
Connie Grigsby, Nancy Cobb
The Power of a Praying® Parent
Stormie Omartian
The Flash of a Firefly - Amber Riley 3.5 Liked it a lot The Flash of a Firefly is a quick and easy read at only 150 pages. It is told from male vampire POV, which I haven't gotten a lot of, so that was a fresh perspective. There are also werewolves in this one, which is awesome, and they are their protectors. It is action packed and kept me turning the pages, even though this is not quite my usual genre (I am normally pretty much all YA). Kaden makes me laugh especially at the beginning talking about being a self respecting vampire and he shouldn't be lurking around cemeteries. Good stuff :) There, of course, is a love interest, Lyn, and I think that it is cute how he wants to protect her and how he is drawn to her. Also,Flo is such a fun and crazy character! The biggest plot revolves around Kaden's vampire family that he escaped from, and they want him back. They are more of the stereotypical vamps, while Kaden prefers blood bank for moral reason. They are an interesting enemy and I am sure that we will learn a lot more about them. The vampire hunters also come into play foreshadowing a possible alliance, but I won't tell you with who or why because I don't want to spoil anything. It does leave with quite a cliffhanger and questions unanswered, but this is only the first novel in the series. I am eager to get my hands on the next one so I can find out what happens next.