brandikosiner

Blkosiner's Book Blog

Review YA and Teen books with the occasional NA thrown in.

He Speaks to Me: Preparing to Hear From God
Politically Incorrect Wife with Study Guide
Connie Grigsby, Nancy Cobb
The Power of a Praying® Parent
Stormie Omartian
The Dead-Tossed Waves - Carrie Ryan This book was well written and the concept of the society and zombies have me hooked. This book explores the question of what makes humans different from the Mudo, and if you really get down to it, it is hard to define and draw that line, especially with what happens to one of the secondary characters. The Dead Tossed waves brings back Mary from Forest and revolves around her daughter (WHO IS THE FATHER plagued me- but I can't give it away). I didn't feel much attachment to Gabry-- I of course wanted her to survive, love and be loved, but I just didn't connect with her like I have some other main characters. There is another love triangle, and for much of the story it was well written so that I didn't have a clear choice. I still just wanted her to chose and not lead the other on any more than she did. The story is well written, and she has really thought out her universe and characters to weave us a haunting tale. I am eagerly awaiting the next book which will follow Annah and Catcher.