brandikosiner

Blkosiner's Book Blog

Review YA and Teen books with the occasional NA thrown in.

He Speaks to Me: Preparing to Hear From God
Politically Incorrect Wife with Study Guide
Connie Grigsby, Nancy Cobb
The Power of a Praying® Parent
Stormie Omartian
Blindsided - Priscilla Cummings I enjoyed this one, as I do most stories of this type. Cummings has a good voice, and she wrote pretty well developed characters. Natalie is a realistic character, and I could understand what she must have felt and gone through. I got to watch her grow, accept, and her desire to overcome shine through in the end. Some of the events in the book could have been foreshadowed a little less and they would have had a greater effect on me, but that doesn't detract too much. I also wish that I could have gotten to know Bree a little better, but as Natalie said it should be for both her and me maybe a mourning of what could have been. I felt for her when Meredith was struggling with the friendship, and Natalie just wanted her to be there, but I am glad that they were able to bond more in the end. Cummings also hinted at two possible relationship interests, and I wish that would have been explored a little more-- then I could have stayed in this universe a little longer, which I would have been happy about. It was over too soon!