brandikosiner

Blkosiner's Book Blog

Review YA and Teen books with the occasional NA thrown in.

He Speaks to Me: Preparing to Hear From God
Politically Incorrect Wife with Study Guide
Connie Grigsby, Nancy Cobb
The Power of a Praying® Parent
Stormie Omartian
Looking for Alaska - John Green It has been awhile since I have read a book from a guy’s perspective, but I liked it. Pudge is a character that I was able to connect to—not having many friends and then all of the sudden being included into a circle of friends, however misfit they are. Being a book from a misfit’s perspective, of course there are characters that you love to hate. Alaska was a very charismatic character and I loved her quirks and was frustrated by her mood swings, though you begin to understand.I love the descriptions of things—the fried food, the wrinkled pink shirt being an old lady sunbathing. Needless to say, this book made me chuckle a lot.The first part of “After” was a little slow for me. I understand that they are processing guilt, sorrow, and trying to figure out what happened, but that is why I only gave 4 stars.It picked back up in the second part, especially with their wonderful prank.The conclusion was wonderful, I really liked Pudge’s paper. You may also like: 13 Reasons Why, Burn Journals, If I Stay, and Hold Still.