brandikosiner

Blkosiner's Book Blog

Review YA and Teen books with the occasional NA thrown in.

He Speaks to Me: Preparing to Hear From God
Politically Incorrect Wife with Study Guide
Connie Grigsby, Nancy Cobb
The Power of a Praying® Parent
Stormie Omartian
Crescendo - Becca Fitzpatrick So, I am going about my business on Monday, and I get a ring at the door, of course during naptime, so at first I am annoyed. Then I see this book sized envelope propped up at my door with the return address of Simon and Suschter-- I eagerly tear it open and find Crescendo!! SQUEEEE!! I automatically flop on the couch and start reading- and here we are.So, now I am going to attempt to review and convey the awesomeness that is Crescendo without spoilers!Becca does it again with a beautifully written masterpiece that demands that you keep turning pages until you reach the end, and then you have PABD (post awesome book depression). Because if you didn't know, there is a cliffie. I am wanting the next book in my hand NOW and this one isn't even released.But back to the beginning. It opens with one of the hottest scenes-- my mouth was watering for some Patch. MMM. I mean, seriously, how dare a book make me want to replace Edward. I guess that fallen angels (well, reformed ones anyways) can make you do blasphemous things like that ;)Anyways, this book kept me on the edge of my seat-- I was always guessing what was going to happen next, and I never saw it coming when it did happen. There is so much going on, but in a good way, I was never confused, like can happen to me with some complex plots. It uses some plot devices from Hush, Hush and expands on them and begins to answer our questions and leaving us with new ones.Nora is still amazing in this book, and I can understand where she is coming from. The events in this book makes her question herself, and everyone around her, and she does some awesome spy work with Vee. Who, may I mention, is even more awesome and funny in this book. We get some hilarious curvy jokes, comebacks at Marcie, stabs at Patch, and more!There is a new hottie introduced in this one too, and prompts a pretty hilarious quote from Vee "I see the incontinence problem didn't go away over time?"We of course, get more Patch, and who can complain about that. Though for a while I was pretty annoyed with him, things clear themselves up.We get the character that everyone loves to hate, Marcie, and I have to tell you-- she gets punched! It is amazing.Okay, so I need to stop now before I give something away, but let me just say this is an amazing read, it lives up to the hype, and Becca is awesome. (And so is Patch-- can I keep him?)