brandikosiner

Blkosiner's Book Blog

Review YA and Teen books with the occasional NA thrown in.

He Speaks to Me: Preparing to Hear From God
Connie Grigsby, Nancy Cobb
The Power of a Praying® Parent
Stormie Omartian

Wither (Chemical Garden)

Wither (Chemical Garden) - Lauren DeStefano Wither is a dark and edgy dystopia, beautifully and hauntingly written. I devoured it and I want to read the next one NOW. Lauren, the author, kept me in suspense, wanting to turn the page, and find out more about this chilling world that she created. Rhine, the main character, is believable, and I related with her. She didn't just accept things at face value, she explored and she pushed. She was smart, and questioned things. She wasn't perfect, but that added to her charm. The sister wives, Cecily and Jenna are very well developed supporting characters. They both have their own opinions, ways of viewing life and personalities. The characters are intriguing and definitely drove this story. The love story is beautifully woven in and we find out more and more about them. It is unique the triangle and the way that everything is set up. I can't really say much without spoiling anything, but there is much more to both than I would have imagined at first, and I am unsure what I wish to happen. I know there is so much more to be explored and I want to find out more about one in particular. The ending wrapped up the books themes and the plots driving this particular book, but I want more from these characters, to know what happens next.