brandikosiner

Blkosiner's Book Blog

Review YA and Teen books with the occasional NA thrown in.

He Speaks to Me: Preparing to Hear From God
Connie Grigsby, Nancy Cobb
The Power of a Praying® Parent
Stormie Omartian

Luminous

Luminous - Dawn Metcalf Luminous is well crafted story and it kept me intrigued the whole way through. This is such a neat concept and Ms. Metcalf executed it so well. The characters were rich and developed... they also held mystery--there were layers to everyone we met, and they all played specific roles that I didn't fully understand until the end where they all wove together so beautifully. There was just a touch of romance, and it really added to the story for me. It had me wondering for a bit, just like Consuela, what were the real motivations. The idea of the flow, and their purpose being to save others really appealled to me. The addition of Tender and the mystery surrounding him was interesting. And when his whole story unfolded I was blown away. The relationships between the teens in the flow were very believable for me, and at the end I still wanted to know more about the secondary characters--were those wards because they were in love, and what were each's wishes. I def. recommend to give this a try.