brandikosiner

Blkosiner's Book Blog

Review YA and Teen books with the occasional NA thrown in.

He Speaks to Me: Preparing to Hear From God
Connie Grigsby, Nancy Cobb
The Power of a Praying® Parent
Stormie Omartian

Dark Inside

Dark Inside - Jeyn Roberts Dark Inside is probably one of the darkest books that I have ever read. I usually write my reviews right after finishing, but this time, I just couldn't. I still can't really decide how I feel about this book. Most parts of me could not put it down, but I just couldn't let myself, I had to know how the characters fared and I couldn't stop until I finished. The last chapter really confused me and I wish that it wasn't there, because everything I thought I understood kinda disappeared, and I would have been fine stopping just before. But the "nothing" chapters didn't really do much for me, so maybe that is why. The fear is really palpable, and the characters all are truly survivors, regardless. I have to admire and hold onto hope with them, no matter what keeps happening around them. The only complaint I have is with the multiple perspectives, I didn't feel like I was in the characters heads long enough to completely keep straight what happened to who, and I had to flip on more than one occasion to their previous chapter to remind myself. This is definitely for mature teens and those who can handle dark themes and some gore.