brandikosiner

Blkosiner's Book Blog

Review YA and Teen books with the occasional NA thrown in.

He Speaks to Me: Preparing to Hear From God
Connie Grigsby, Nancy Cobb
The Power of a Praying® Parent
Stormie Omartian

Sisterhood Everlasting

Sisterhood Everlasting - Ann Brashares I've forgotten much more than I would've though. I know that I loved the first books, but unless I somehow missed one, and I don't think I did, I just totally lost track of the characters, and at first, that made it hard to connect with them. But I started slowly remembering and learning their new quirks and passions, and it picked up quickly. I couldn't put it down, but I wasn't completely enamored with it either. I really enjoyed finding out what happened to everyone, and having some closure. Although the ending was more open ended than I would've liked... Most of their grief did not ring true to me. I understand their deep connection, but something about the way that it was portrayed did not draw me in as much as expected. I do have to say that I was not expecting the twists--though I really enjoyed the unraveling. Though I guess enjoyed isn't necessarily the right word since there are some sad and tough issues. Overall good book with a great series to back it up. Review from Blkosiner's Book blog, read more of my reviews here: http://blkosiner.blogspot.com/