brandikosiner

Blkosiner's Book Blog

Review YA and Teen books with the occasional NA thrown in.

He Speaks to Me: Preparing to Hear From God
Connie Grigsby, Nancy Cobb
The Power of a Praying® Parent
Stormie Omartian

Tell Me a Secret

Tell Me a Secret - Holly Cupala This is an emotional novel exploring the issues of teen pregnancy and death of a sibling, and it does both well. The main character Miranda (Mandy or Rand if I switch up are nicknames) is easy to relate to and understand. Though the first few chapters talk about characters in depth with not much explanation who they are or where they come in the story. But it slowly unfolds and you realize who these people are to Miranda- or at least you think you know. Essence, the old best friend, was pretty much who I thought she would be, but Delaney, the new best friend and Kamran the love interest, turn out totally different. But I can't really tell you why because it would be a huge spoiler. All of the younger characters are well developed, but the parents are typical of those found in YA novels, withdrawn, and totally favoring the dead sister, the mom is a tyrant and extends that control to the relationship of father and daughter. The plot is well paced, though the sequencing with past and present confused me some. It was not poorly done, I just had to remember what I did and did not know. Overall, this is a book that I would say you should pick up- it has depth and good writing.