brandikosiner

Blkosiner's Book Blog

Review YA and Teen books with the occasional NA thrown in.

He Speaks to Me: Preparing to Hear From God
Politically Incorrect Wife with Study Guide
Connie Grigsby, Nancy Cobb
The Power of a Praying® Parent
Stormie Omartian

Insurgent (Divergent Series #2)

Insurgent (Divergent Series #2) - So... I had already forgotten stuff, and this one picks right up where Divergent left off, so it took me a few pages to get back into the story and slowly remember little details. LOL. At first I was like who IS Tobias, then I was like DUH. I was just used to him being called Four. Tris was a wild card in this one though. I know its guilt, fear, and the different factions warring in her head, but at times I liked her and others I wished I could smack some sense into her. She takes risks without thinking about the gain and sometimes that puts those she loves in more danger because of it. But she is still strong, and loyal. Everything she does, she does it out of love, loyalty and her view of the greater good. It is just hard though when she is taking those risks and being self sacrificing because you know that it won't go down a good road. It was hard reading about Four and Tris in this one though. They had moments where they seemed to really belong together and then the next second they are lying to each other and constantly hiding things. So I am torn because I overall really like Four and he is a bright spot for me, and I know I can't expect anyone to be perfect especially in a world that is so torn, but there are some moments where I didn't like that side of him that I saw. On the other hand, there were some very hot moments between them then more that were so sweet, so I hope we are just seeing both of the characters grow and change and that they will come out the other side. There is some really dark stuff in this book, and more characters don't make it until the end. So it is very emotional and Tris hardly ever gets a moment reprieve. And, oh holy traitor. I can't say much obviously without spoiling but I COULD NOT believe it. I could've strangled him. There were some that I expected, but this one. NO. I loved learning and seeing more of the factions in their day to day and also how they respond when faced with violence and when it is time to make a stand for what it right. The ending sent me for a loop and I can't wait for the next book.Bottom Line: 2nd in a series that connected me more with the characters and left me wanting more.