brandikosiner

Blkosiner's Book Blog

Review YA and Teen books with the occasional NA thrown in.

He Speaks to Me: Preparing to Hear From God
Politically Incorrect Wife with Study Guide
Connie Grigsby, Nancy Cobb
The Power of a Praying® Parent
Stormie Omartian
Goddess Interrupted - Aimee Carter I tore through this one, and really enjoyed it. There are great action scenes and even though Kate seems weaker in some ways, the same girl I admired from the first series is still there. She is still as loyal and self-sacrificing as in the first, putting those she loves before herself and not even thinking of her safety. The relationship between Kate and Henry is agonizing in this one. I wanted to smack both of them over the head once I finally got to the bottom of their issues. This is where Kate seemed weaker when it came to her confidence towards Henry. I can totally understand where her insecurities come from, but it was still hard to read at times (with the heartbreak, not bad writing.) I really like James in this one, and I appreciate how he really looks out for Kate. I kinda want a piece of him for myself ;) Ava was awesome as ever too. But Persephone was also frustrating in that wonderfully written character you wanna hate kind of way. I can't wait for the third one and find out how their stories conclude. Review from Blkosiner's Book blog, read more of my reviews here: http://blkosiner.blogspot.com/