brandikosiner

Blkosiner's Book Blog

Review YA and Teen books with the occasional NA thrown in.

He Speaks to Me: Preparing to Hear From God
Politically Incorrect Wife with Study Guide
Connie Grigsby, Nancy Cobb
The Power of a Praying® Parent
Stormie Omartian
Every Other Day - Jennifer Lynn Barnes Review from Blkosiner's Book Blog http://blkosiner.blogspot.com This is my first book by Jennifer Barnes, and I was really drawn in by her writing style. This is a refreshing idea--being fully human one day and then paranormal the next! She executed this idea very well, and I also liked that in an parallel universe where paranormal creatures were discovered by Darwin, it is even more strange to not know what exactly she is. The main character is strong, and selfless, so much its admiral and painful all at the same time. She'd distanced herself from people for so long, but when she tries to save a classmate and gets stuck along the ride with her, along with letting in a social pariah of the school, she realizes just how much she can lose. I enjoyed watching these relationships develop, and I think I was in almost as much pain as Kali at an unfortunate turn that broke my heart. Skylar is a great secondary character and she made me think of Luna in the Harry Potter series. This innocence and wisdom you can't help but love. And oh her brothers, lol. They appear from everywhere and it was fun how they advanced the plot. I was very suprised about some of the plot twists, including Zev, Kali's mother, and the story behind her father. The writing is suspenseful and I loved where the story took me. The ending tied up things pretty well, but I'd still love to read a sequel and find out more about what happens to Kali.