brandikosiner

Blkosiner's Book Blog

Review YA and Teen books with the occasional NA thrown in.

He Speaks to Me: Preparing to Hear From God
Politically Incorrect Wife with Study Guide
Connie Grigsby, Nancy Cobb
The Power of a Praying® Parent
Stormie Omartian
Ripple - Mandy Hubbard Ripple is a beautifully crafted story with lots of surprises and an awesome paranormal aspect. Lexi's journey is very emotional, and I really cared about her and was rooting for her. Even when she made decisions that others viewed as bad, I could totally understand where she was coming from, especially since I was in on her secret. I totally wonder how I would handle her situation, having to swim, and trying to protect all the people in my life. Cole is hot, and sweet, though I guess the only thing I don't understand is: why all of the sudden after two years does he finally speak to her and act like the man that he is? But I don't mind it's a very sweet relationship, and I love how it happens. Some of the stuff in here really broke my heart, and that speaks wonderfully for the writing. When Erik comes in the picture, something just never sat right with me. I kept wanting to cheer for him because of what it would mean for Lexi's life, but yeah... I can't really say a whole lot about that, except for he's written wonderfully and I never quite know what to feel. The paranormal part with the sirens and the nixes were well thought out and believable in this world. The constricts and the pluses were somewhat balanced out.