brandikosiner

Blkosiner's Book Blog

Review YA and Teen books with the occasional NA thrown in.

He Speaks to Me: Preparing to Hear From God
Politically Incorrect Wife with Study Guide
Connie Grigsby, Nancy Cobb
The Power of a Praying® Parent
Stormie Omartian
Bumped - Megan McCafferty What I liked most about Bumped is the characters. They made the story for me especially Zen. He was charismatic and there is one scene in particular that really made me sigh and melt. I can't go into detail because it's a huge spoiler, but yeah. That totally made the book for me. I wish that I could see more about him--so hopefully there will be a spinoff or deleted scene or something. As for Melody and Harmony, they were also really developed and it was a total case of nature vs. nurture. They had some fundamental similarities from being identical twins, and I think at the core of who they are that shone through. But for some of the others, the way that they were each raised totally changed things and defined things about them. The plot is so interesting! I love dystopias and I think it takes some mad skills to craft these complicated ways of life, and totally scare me to think that this could really happen in the future. Bumped had its own set of terminology and I was a little confused at first, but since Harmony was an outsider, as they explained some of the stuff to her, it also became clear to me. If you like dystopias, I def recommend to give Bumped a read!