brandikosiner

Blkosiner's Book Blog

Review YA and Teen books with the occasional NA thrown in.

He Speaks to Me: Preparing to Hear From God
Politically Incorrect Wife with Study Guide
Connie Grigsby, Nancy Cobb
The Power of a Praying® Parent
Stormie Omartian
Matched - Ally Condie This is a highly anticipated book, and for me it lives up to the hype. I am very lucky to get on the tour and read it early! Condie has painted a wonderful dystopian society and you can't help but get swept up in Cassia's world. She has written a close knit family that loves one another fiercely and either defies or follows the rules for the sake of the others; in spite of the society that just tries to breed children for "perfect" genes and dictates who you will be married to. Cassia also has a beautiful relationship with her Grandfather, which is something that I haven't seen much in YA lit. This is the story of Cassia deciding whether to follow the mold and accept the fate society relegates to her, or if she wants to fight and "not go gently" words that her Grandfather passed down to her in an illegal poem. It is her story of deciding who she is and who she loves. Xander and Ky are both amazingly written and I love them both for different reasons. This is a book with another love triangle, but it is so much more.